For the majority of students, accessing your home folder via Easylink has worked fine but with the increasing number of opertaing systems, web browsers etc some students are having trouble accessing their home folder.
For those having issues, there is a small piece of software that should give access to your files. The program is called NetDrive and is a free download from http://www.netdrive.net/download.html.
Once you have downloaded and installed NetDrive, follow the instructions below to gain access to your home folder
- Click 'New Site'
- Type an appropriate name e.g. 'My School Files'
- Copy and paste the relevant URL below into the box marked 'Site IP or URL'
Replace username with your own username you logon to the school computers with.
- In the box marked 'Server type' select WebDav.
- In the box marked 'Drive' pick the first available letter.
- Type in your username and password.
- Click 'Advanced'.
- Click the box next to 'Use HTTPS' so there is a tick in it and click 'Ok'.
- Click 'Save'.
- Click 'Connect'.
After a few seconds a new drive should appear under your My Computer giving you direct access to your school files.
The above setting up of the program should only need to be done once so in future if you need access to your school files you only have to run the program and click connect.